Oakland Community College is bound by the tenets of the Family Educational Rights
and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, which established the protection and privacy of student
Under the law, the College may disclose student information for educational verification
to third parties* if we receive:
- A release form that provides written consent from the student and specifies an educational institution
- The items requested for verification from our records
- The name of the third-party organization and, if applicable, contact name
- The address or fax number of the recipient, depending on how you want the information
Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Education Verification" in the Subject line.
Allow three business days for processing.
* Third party is described as an individual (other than the student), agency, institution,